I feel the best way to talk about this is in point form:
- I was never a fan of Doug. I never caught onto the wave when it first started, it was on Disney (ABC) and I was watching Fox and soon after kidsWB at the time. I'm writing this on the fly, so I don't know what the schedule looked like at the time but Doug wasn't on my to watch this. Even after Doug moved networks (a couple times actually), I started to watch and still wasn't a fan (Recess and Pepper Ann >>) but do remember two things about Doug: Quailman and The Beets.
- The Beets are arguable the greatest cartoon band of all time.
- Bangin On a Trash Can, Shout Your Lungs Out, I Need Mo' Allowance were all jams but nothing was better than...
- Killer Tofu. This still jams, very Blue Oyster Cult (I'm not just saying that because there's a cowbell in the song). A song with a message, boy those are hard to find these days! "Fast food feels fuzzy cause it taste like stuff that's scuzzy", tell a child that and see what their reaction might be.
- I've listened to this for the last three days straight before going to bed.